This site is published in England, by Escrick Parish Council (the "Publisher").
These terms and conditions ("the Terms") govern your use of this web-site ("the Site"). Please carefully read through the Terms. If you do not agree with any part of the Terms you must not use the Site. By using the Site you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms.
The information contained in the Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would be subject to any additional registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country outside the United Kingdom.
You must only use the Site for the purposes for which it is intended. You should not use nor attempt to use the Site in any manner likely to cause disruption to the operation of the Site or in conjunction with any illegal activities.
You must not attempt to modify the Site, nor attempt to access any password protected parts of the Site unless you are explicitly authorised to do so.
If any part of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remainder will not be affected.
This agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We may vary these terms from time to time by publishing updated terms on the Site. The new terms shall take effect from the date of their publication on the Site.
Content and availability
We do not warrant that information on the Site is accurate or complete. All information is provided in good faith, but no commitment is made to keeping the information on the Site, and/or reached via the Site, up to date, and/or accurate. You should not rely upon, nor make any decision based upon, information provided on the Site.
We will not be liable for any loss or damages resulting from your use of the Site.
The Site contains information, data and other files from various sources. It is intended that no copyright is infringed, however copyright has inadvertently been breached on any item(s), please contact the Publisher and they will be reviewed.
If you believe any content to be offensive, libellous, misleading, fraudulent or for any other reason unsuitable, please contact the Publisher and they will be reviewed.
The Site may be updated, changed or removed at any time without prior notice.
The content of this Site is protected by United Kingdom and/or international copyright laws. You may not reproduce or copy it in any medium without the express permission of the Publisher. All copyright, database rights, design rights, and all intellectual property rights in and to all text and graphics their selection and arrangement, and all mark up/layout/scripts, software compilations, underlying source (hyper text mark up language and scripts) and all other documents and materials on this web site belong solely to the Publisher, except where use is made of material provided by third parties, in which case their copyright prevails.
No liability is accepted for the contents of any site operated by a third party which may be accessed via links from the Site. These links are provided for your convenience only and do not imply approval nor recommendation of the content of such sites.
Whilst reasonable attempts are made to exclude viruses from the Site, such exclusion cannot be guaranteed and no liability is accepted for viruses. You are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the Site.
If there is any dispute about this Site, contact the Publisher, via the contact form in the first instance.
What personal information do we collect?
1. Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to understand how users use the Site. For example to understand how many people have visited the website, which website(s) referred them to the Site, and which pages they viewed. Full details of the data captured by Google Analytics can be found at
2. Log files: Our log files will capture the following data:
- your browser type (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- your operating system (e.g. Microsoft Windows, Macintosh)
- your IP address (a unique identifier for each connection to the internet)
- how you reached the Site (e.g. via Google, via hyperlink)
- the pages/URLs visited on the Site
This information is automatically collected and does not require your input.
3. Surveys and consultations: From time to time we may use the Site to conduct surveys or consultations on behalf of the Publisher or other bodies. Any personal data provided in such surveys will only be used for the purposes for which it was provided.
How this information will be used?
We respect your privacy and will only use your information:
- to log various usage and statistical information about your use of our facilities,
- to administer the website and gather broad demographic information about users of the site,
- to understand the effectiveness of our website and to make improvements to the website.
Who will we share your information with?
- We may disclose your Information where required by law under a court order or equivalent.
- Please note that the Publisher is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Information provided via the Site may be subject to publication or disclosure in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000. We will process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and in the majority of circumstances this will mean that your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties.