- The Escrick 10k Run takes place each August, with the the main race followed by a Fun Run
- A flat, scenic and very popular 10km course, running on roads, paths and bridleways within the Escrick Park Estate, starting and finishing on the Escrick Village Green.
- Organised by the Escrick Playing Fields Association - Charity Number 1091589
- With the kind permission of Escrick Park Estate and Queen Margaret's School
Escrick Indoor Short Mat Bowls Club
- We compete in the Selby and District league match fixtures between October and March each year.
- Home matches are held in the Village Hall, and away matches around North and East Yorkshire.
- New members of both genders and ages from young adult to "mature years" are welcomed at any of our practice sessions.
- For further details contact Ian on 728741, David on 728464 or Richard on 728170
Escrick Tea Shop
- The Escrick Tea Shop is held weekly every Wednesday in Escrick & Deighton Club from 2pm - 4pm.
- It is an opportunity for everyone to come along, to enjoy tea/coffee and home-made cake. All ages very welcome.
- It has a friendly Tea shop atmosphere, a place to meet people and chat.
- Admission is just £2 to include drinks and cake. Children 50p.
- Lifts can by arranged by ringing Pamela (728423) or Roger (728907).
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the tea shop please ring Judith (728845).
- If you would be happy to bake a cake we would be delighted - please ring Beth (728569).
Escrick Young Farmers
- Welcomes members between the ages of 10 and 26 years from Escrick and the surrounding area. We meet every Tuesday at 7:30pm at Escrick Village Hall where we hold a variety of exciting activities. For more information contact Paige Dalby on 07710268607
The Monday Players
- The Mondays Players Amateur Dramatic group were established in 1993, performing two productions a year in the Village Hall
- Rehearsals are on Mondays, and the group always welcome new members.
- For further details about forthcoming productions or to enquire about joining, please see our website:
- Escrick Swimming Club meets most Sundays at Queen Margaret's school, with two sessions at 8am and 9:15am.
- The club accommodates all abilities with a designated children's area (floats & other toys), lane swimming for keen swimmers and the shallow end for those who wish to be more sociable. A lifeguard is present at all times.
- There is a limit on the numbers allowed in each session, and therefore there is currently a long waiting list to join the club. We will update this website when we are accepting new members again.
- New members always welcome - whether they are total beginners or proficient players
- To join or for more information contact Richard Walters email@example.com
- Fees (as at May 2017):
- Family membership £45;
- Senior membership £30;
- Junior membership (12-18) £15;
- Child membership (up to 11) £2.50;
- Guest fees £2 per guest per visit;
- Court key £5 deposit;
- Club house key if required £5 deposit.
- Children up to 11 years of age play free of charge if accompanied by a parent member.
The Tuesday Singers are based in Escrick. They rehearse each Tuesday during school terms and have two concert seasons per year - a Christmas Concert and a Summer Concert, each of which are performed at a variety of venues in the York area. The Choir comprises Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Bass Sections. They sing a wide variety of music, both secular and religious, typically short pieces arranged around themes which vary each season. There is the opportunity to perform solo and duet parts with the Choir. If you are interested in joining or would like to enquire about their availability, please visit their website www.tuesdaysingers.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Yorkshire Countrywomen's Association
- Escrick branch meet on the third Wednesday of every month except December when the meeting is the second Wednesday. All meetings are held in Escrick village hall at 7.30pm unless otherwise stated.
Yorkshire Gentlemen's Cricket Club
- Based in Escrick, YGCC is one of the longest established clubs in the north of the country.
Please contact the website editor if you run another club or society that you would like to list on this website.