- The Escrick 10k Run takes place each August, with the the main race followed by a Fun Run
- A flat, scenic and very popular 10km course, running on roads, paths and bridleways within the Escrick Park Estate, starting and finishing on the Escrick Village Green.
- Organised by the Escrick Playing Fields Association - Charity Number 1091589
- With the kind permission of Escrick Park Estate and Queen Margaret's School
Escrick Indoor Short Mat Bowls Club
- We compete in the Selby and District league match fixtures between October and March each year.
- Home matches are held in the Village Hall, and away matches around North and East Yorkshire.
- New members of both genders and ages from young adult to "mature years" are welcomed at any of our practice sessions.
- For further details contact Ian on 728741, David on 728464 or Richard on 728170
Escrick Tea Shop
Escrick Young Farmers
- Welcomes members between the ages of 10 and 26 years from Escrick and the surrounding area. We meet every Tuesday at 7:30pm at Escrick Village Hall where we hold a variety of exciting activities. For more information contact Paige Dalby on 07710268607
Escrick Youth Club
The Monday Players
- The Mondays Players Amateur Dramatic group were established in 1993, performing two productions a year in the Village Hall
- Rehearsals are on Mondays, and the group always welcome new members.
- For further details about forthcoming productions or to enquire about joining, please see our website:
- Escrick Swimming Club meets most Sundays at Queen Margaret's school, with two sessions at 8am and 9:15am.
- The club accommodates all abilities with a designated children's area (floats & other toys), lane swimming for keen swimmers and the shallow end for those who wish to be more sociable. A lifeguard is present at all times.
- There is a waiting list to join the club. For more details or to join the waiting list please contact Jill Smowton on 01904 728424 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- New members always welcome - whether they are total beginners or proficient players
- To join contact Keith Brown: 01904 720085 (email@example.com); or Jill Smowton (Treasurer) on 01904 728424 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For further information about the tennis club please contact Keith Brown: 01904 720085 (email@example.com)
- Fees (as at May 2015):
- Family membership £45;
- Senior membership £30;
- Junior membership (12-18) £15;
- Child membership (up to 11) £2.50;
- Guest fees £2 per guest per visit;
- Court key £5 deposit;
- Club house key if required £5 deposit.
- Children up to 11 years of age play free of charge if accompanied by a parent member.
The Tuesday Singers
- The Tuesday Singers consist of approximately 36 members aged between 16 and 70. They meet every Tuesday evening in the Escrick School Hall under the expert guidance of Don Pears, their musical director.
- The choir was formed 18 years ago when a group of like-minded people gathered in members' homes to sing for pleasure. As the years have passed, this group has developed into the very talented choir that exists today.
- Anybody interested in joining the choir or inviting the choir to sing, please contact: Steve Smowton: (01904) 728424
Yorkshire Countrywomen's Association
- Escrick branch meet on the third Wednesday of every month except December when the meeting is the second Wednesday. All meetings are held in Escrick village hall at 7.30pm unless otherwise stated.
Yorkshire Gentlemen's Cricket Club
- Based in Escrick, YGCC is one of the longest established clubs in the north of the country.
Please contact the website editor if you run another club or society that you would like to list on this website.