Geographical and Historical information from the year 1892. Description(s) from Bulmer's History and Directory of East Yorkshire (1892)
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868 taken from the National Gazetteer of Great Britain
In 1666, Henry Thompson, a merchant, began buying up land in Escrick and later moved to his new country estate, playing a key role in the development of the village in doing so.
The history and architecture of St Helen's Church, Escrick
A general history of Escrick covering Government, the Church and the local economy among other things. Taken from "A History of the County of York East Riding: Volume III"
A brief description of "the Ancient Parish of Escrick" and Deighton transcribed from Yorkshire Dictionary (1822) and Baine's Directory of the County of York (1823)