Parish Magazine Update - Dec 2021
The following update appears in December 2021's parish magazine:
Escrick Parish Council Update
Bus stops: The Parish Council has agreed to fund an additional streetlight opposite the Sang Thai to improve lighting on the way to, and at, the bus stops.
- Dropped kerbs and the village gateway on Skipwith Road have both been delayed due to North Yorkshire County Council having supply chain issues.
- NYCC are no longer progressing with 20mph zones near schools due to budget pressures.
- NYCC have given notice to the Parsonage regarding the overgrown vegetation on the A19. If this is not cut back shortly, NYCC will undertake the work themselves and recover the costs.
- Residents are reminded that highways concerns, such as overgrown foliage, blocked drains or road condition can be reported directly to NYCC via their website.
Jubilee 2022: Representatives of various groups across the village have got together to discuss potential events over the long Jubilee weekend. An outline plan has been agreed, with different groups leading on different aspects of it.
Shop: The working group is continuing to develop options and work through potential issues.
Councillors: We have two vacancies for Parish Councillors. Please contact the clerk or chair if you are interested in getting involved.
Get involved! We’re still looking for volunteers in several areas:
- Playground: Some of the equipment in the playground is approaching end of life. We’re looking for volunteers to join the playing fields association to develop plans for replacing the aging equipment, and pursue funding opportunities such as grant funding, donations and fund-raising.
- Escrick 10k: We’re looking for someone to chair the organising committee. This run raises £5k - £7k each year for the playground and other local causes. A full handover will be given. An established event plan is in place, and an experienced committee, including race director, is in place .
If you are interested in getting involved in any of the above, please contact email@example.com.
Parish Council meeting dates: 6th December, 10th January and 7th February. All meetings at 7.30pm at Escrick and Deighton Club. Contact: Clerk (Sally Look), firstname.lastname@example.org, Chair (Richard Rowson), email@example.com; Website: escrick.org