2007-01-22


22nd January 2007

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ESCRICK PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 22nd JANUARY 2007 AT THE PARSONAGE HOTEL ESCRICK

PRESENT
Mr Steve Smowton (chair)
Mr Brian Forster (vice-chair)
Ms Judy Wanless
Mr Bill Reader
Mr John Reader
Mr Charles Forbes Adam
Mrs Carole Wainwright
Mr Peter Skilbeck
Mr Mike Russell

APOLOGIES:
Mrs Gina Mannix
Mr Ian Reynolds

MINUTES OF LAST MEETING WERE READ AND MS WANLESS PROPOSED THEY BE APPROVED AND IT WAS SECONDED BY MR FORSTER

MATTERS ARISING:
Since the visit of Inspector Mark Goulding the police have been seen on several occasions in the village, although not yet patrolling on foot. Mrs Wainwright reported that after an incident opposite her house the police had put a note through her door asking if they had seen anything suspicious.

VEHICLE ACTUATED SIGNS
The Duck Signs promised by Brian Watson of North Yorkshire Highways are still awaited. Mr Smowton will contact Brian Watson to remind him of this and also to enquire where the Drive Slowly signs could be purchased from. Action: SS

ANTI GRAFFITI PAINT COSTS
The paint was delivered to Mr John Reader by Mrs Liz Casling and was of a clear variety which requires a normal coat of paint applying before this is then used as a top coat. Mr Smowton will purchase some masonry paint for the bus shelter, Mr Smowton and Mr John Reader will paint the shelter will both coats.
Action: JR/SS

LIGHTER SAFER COMMUNITIES PROJECT
The recently installed lamp post on Skipwith Road outside Derwent Courts is still not working.
Action VC

CHECK OF PAVEMENTS
The clerk has contacted Mark Lumby about the ownership of the hedge outside the Old Police Houses in Carr Lane.

ELECTRICITY BILLS
Mr Smowton has emailed the relevant departments requesting all the bills be placed together as one to save standing charges. Awaiting their reply.
Action: SS

ESCRICK PLAYING FIELD ASSOCIATION
Mrs Mannix sent in a report that the work of planting in the Playing Field will start in about three weeks time. The contractor had started work on removing trees and he reported that he had done more work on this than estimated for. He expressed concern that new trees planted here will have the larger ones falling on them.

There is a dead sycamore tree adjacent to the field and the Escrick Park Estate Management will remove this tree.

There had been some graffiti on the sign and this had been removed.

A bike jump had been erected without permission and this has been removed.

The calendars had sold well and some were still available.

ACCOUNTS
The accounts are in credit but as yet the electricity bills are still awaited.
A/c No 1: £6,142.71
A/c No 2: £9,166.79
A/c No 3: £34.50

It was agreed to pay the following:
Escrick Park Estate - Rent for playing field: £10.00
Tensid UK - paint for bus shelter: £129.03
Mrs V Cumberland - telephone: £13.48
Mrs V Cumberland - toner: £42.98

PLANNING APPLICATIONS
8/10/227/PA
Erection of a dwelling on land adjacent The Covers 70 Main Street Escrick - No objection in principal but would ask the Planning Officer about the distance the new house is to the existing wall that borders the site with regard to maintenance of the property next door and the proposed dwelling. Also that Highways give consideration to existing parking problems in Main Street and Escrick Park Gardens bearing in mind that 2 new entrances are already planned for the proposed development of the old Primary School. Amended plans submitted.

8/10/40AJ/PA
Consent fell top/lop various trees within TPO 2/1979 The Parsonage Country House Hotel Escrick - no objections

8/10/210A/PA
Erection of a two storey extension to the side 2 Escrick Court Escrick - no objections

8/10/65R/PA
- Crown, reduce & reshape Prunus tree T13 and prune and/or fell Birch tree T12 within TPO 5/1984 at Dower House, Dower Chase, Escrick - No objections

8/10/156B/PA
Carry out works to Oak Tree T15 within TPO 4/1977 at Dower Lodge Dower Chase Escrick - No objections - work has been completed

8/10/93D/PA
Prune/lop and top holly tree within TPO No 16?1989 at North House Skipwith Road Escrick - no objections

8/10/3W/PA
Reserved matters application for the mixed development of 6 B1 no 2 storey offices and 2 no B2/B8 industrial units (following outline permission no 8/10/3T/PA at former Brickworks Riccall Road Escrick No objections - SDC permission granted

8/10/3X/PA
Change of use of land to create landscaped amenity area and overspill car park to serve industrial units Brickworks Riccall Road Escrick No objections - SDC permission granted

8/10/57B/PA
Change of use from residential to hotel accommodation and function rooms Rectory Cottage 6 Main Street Escrick - No objection to change of use but the proposed exit past Rectory Cottage onto the road which is used by the surgery, church and farm and private house needs to be considered due to possible traffic problems. Question over possible condition re: signage and exit changes with regard to sight lines.
Mr Skilbeck reported that a meeting was to be held between the Parsonage and all the users of the lane. Mr Bill Reader would like to be involved in this meeting as representative of the church.

8/10/229/PA
Erection of a first floor extension over existing entrance The Birches 29 The Glade Escrick. No objections - SDC permission granted

CORRESPONDENCE
Selby District Council wrote with the date of the next Town and Parish Council Quarterly Forum which is to be held on Tuesday 6th February.

North Yorkshire County Council received a letter from Mr John Grogan MP enclosing a letter from a resident of Escrick about the increased volume of traffic traveling along the A19. North Yorkshire County Council will apply for a feasibility study for a pedestrian crossing to be undertaken which the meeting was in favour of. Mr Smowton will reply to the letter.
Action: SS

David Riggall emailed requesting a forum be set up by the Parish Council about the nuisance Traves' business is to the village. It was felt that the Parish Council have previously investigated all the complaints he has made about Traves and they operate within Selby District Council's environmental rules for this type of business.

North Yorkshire Police Community Safety JAGS next meeting is on Tuesday 13 March at 7pm in the Riccall Regen Centre. Mr Russell will attend.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Mr Forster:
The light recently reported in Dower Chase was repaired and with the gales is now not working. The clerk to report this.
Action: VC

He requested Selby District Council's Environmental Department to clear the leaves along the front of the church wall. Clerk to action.
Action: VC

Mr Skilbeck
Could the lay-by on the southern side of the village be cleared up. Clerk to action.
Action: VC

Mrs Wainwright
The holly hedge on Skipwith Road is overhanging the pavement and she will report this to Mark Lumby and as she is going away next week, Mr Bill Reader agreed to meet him at the site. She wanted it noted that the footpath on the Main Street is very dark.

Mr John Reader
The light is not working on the Coronation memorial. Clerk to action A new 30mph sign has been placed outside his house and this is in his line of sight. Mr Smowton will investigate.
Action: SS

Mr Smowton
The building work on the school is to be completed ahead of schedule and will now finish by the end of February. The new building will be in full use for the Summer Term.

Mr Forbes Adam
It is expected that a new one year lease is to be granted for the Escrick & Deighton Social Club. The lease is a full repair lease and the leasers are responsible for the heating boiler. The meeting would like to support the Club and it was agreed to hold the AGM in May at the club. Mr John Reader is to enquire about the charges for hiring the room.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Monday 5th March 2007 at the Escrick and Deighton Club. Please note that the AGM will also be held in the club.