The Parish Council has resolved to keep the precept level for 2019/20 unchanged for the second year, at £19,000.
Just over £14,000 of this is on largely non-discretionary items, including insurance, grass cutting (verges, playing fields, village green), the Clerk's salary/expenses, loan repayments, and electricity for street-lighting.
Of the remaining £5000, this has been provisionally allocated to:
- £2,500 for two additional streetlights: This is part of a planned programme to procure additional lights to address the worst dark-spots in the village.
- £2,000 for highways consultancy: This is a provisional budget amount to allow the Parish Council to appoint independent highways experts to review road safety concerns where residents are unhappy with responses from the highways authority.
- £500 for general village maintenance: This is not specifically allocated, but recent years have included items such as tree maintenance, purchase of an additional dog waste bin, street light repairs and cleaning of the war memorial - and therefore a maintenance budget is considered appropriate.
- £100 for defibrillator pads: The Parish Council owns the public access defibrillator, and it requires new pads ever three years.
- £200 for a replacement bin for the A19 lay-by: The bin that was located in the lay-by was hit by a vehicle and destroyed.
* The costs add up to slightly more than the proposed precept, therefore may slightly utilise reserves
Budget 2019-20 for website v1.pdf